The Black Earth. (photoshop)
There are many stories about Dhio, nearly every one of them is false.
Children should remain silent, and they are ‘good’ when they’re quiet, but ‘bad’ when they are not, because they are disturbing the adults and causing trouble. This attitude runs through the way people interact with children on every level, and yet, they seem surprised when it turns out that children have been struggling with serious medical problems, or they’ve been assaulted or abused.
The most common response is ‘well why didn’t the child say something?’ or ‘why didn’t the child talk to an adult?’ Adults constantly assure themselves that children know to go to a grownup when they are in trouble, and they even repeat that sentiment to children; you can always come to us, adults tell children, when you need help. Find a trusted adult, a teacher or a doctor or a police officer or a firefighter, and tell that adult what’s going on, and you’ll be helped, and everything will be all right.
The thing is that children do that, and the adults don’t listen. Every time a child tells an adult about something and nothing happens, that child learns that adults are liars, and that they don’t provide the promised help. Children hold up their end of the deal by reporting, sometimes at great personal risk, and they get no concrete action in return. Sometimes, the very adult people tell a child to ‘trust’ is the least reliable person; the teacher is friends with the priest who is molesting a student, the firefighter plays pool with the father who is beating a child, they don’t want to cause a scene.
Or children are accused of lying for attention because they accused the wrong person. They’re told they must be mistaken about what happened, unclear on the specifics, because there’s no way what they’re saying could be true, so and so isn’t that kind of person. A mother would never do that. He’s a respected member of the community! In their haste to close their ears to the child’s voice, adults make sure the child’s experience is utterly denied and debunked. Couldn’t be, can’t be, won’t be. The child knows not to say such things in the future, because no one is listening, because people will actively tell the child to be quiet.
Children are also told that they aren’t experiencing what they’re actually experiencing, or they’re being fussy about nothing. A child reports a pain in her leg after gym class, and she’s told to quit whining. Four months later, everyone is shocked when her metastatic bone cancer becomes unavoidably apparent. Had someone listened to her in the first place when she reported the original bone pain and said it felt different that usual, she would have been evaluated sooner. A child tells a teacher he has trouble seeing the blackboard, and the teacher dismisses it, so the child is never referred for glasses; the child struggles with math until high school, when someone finally acknowledges there’s a problem.
This attitude, that children shouldn’t be believed, puts the burden of proof on children, rather than assuming that there might be something to their statements. Some people seem to think that actually listening to children would result in a generation of hopelessly spoiled brats who know they can say anything for attention, but would that actually be the case? That assumption is rooted in the idea that children are not trustworthy, and cannot be respected. I’m having trouble understanding why adults should be viewed as inherently trustworthy and respectable, especially in light of the way we treat children.❞
I got this from a friend who was reading majority of the Elsword forums.
BEWARE ANIME AND MANGA FANS. JAPAN IS PLANNING TO SHUT DOWN MAJOR ANIME/MANGA WEBSITES THAT YOU EITHER WATCH OR DOWNLOAD~!
Japanese Government Enforcing Anti-Piracy Law on Anime and Manga
Image List: [x]
Original Source: [x]
download everything now when we still have the chance TwT
well then you could, you know………………….try………………………selling…………..manga and anime……….anywhere except japan
You should all go check out Rhianna Howard Photography! All of the photos she posts are taken by herself. She’s only 17 and takes breathtaking pictures like the ones above of Vance Creek, Washington. Her work deserves more exposure so go check out her blog!
Check in at TheMidwifeIsIn.tumblr.com if you have any other questions.
There is also the Abortion Pill (Mifepristone). It can be taken up to 9 weeks (but is most effective up to 7 weeks and check the laws in your state). It is comparable to a miscarriage and after getting the intial dosage from your medical service provider, you take the rest at home and go through the process at home.
This is super important, valuable information that I think many people don’t know. Also, when you go to an abortion clinic (I at least know this is true for Planned Parenthood) there’s a counseling meeting where you discuss the alternatives with a doctor and sign a consent form saying that abortion is what you really want. A lot of people who oppose abortion will want to tell you that abortion clinics and reproductive health centers will try to convince you to have the abortion, but that’s just not true. (I mean, only 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services are abortions. Family planning and community health centers like Planned Parenthood are often more concerned with prevention and awareness and other aspects of health. They’re more interested in helping you have options than they are in only giving you the one.)
Nor is it true that any medical center will throw the embryo away in a dumpster after the procedure. I’m sure none of you really thought that, but slander is a vicious thing that spreads and becomes true in the eyes of those who want to believe it because it fits into their agenda.
Additionally: know your rights. When I worked at Planned Parenthood, I learned that protesters are not allowed to be in front of the building or in the parking lot. They have to stay on the sidewalk, further away from the building. They are not supposed to try to convince you not to go into the building, nor can they physically block you from going in or follow you inside. You have to be let in by someone already in the building, which means that any appointment you have there - counseling, a check-up, a mammogram, an abortion, a testing - will be confidential and safe.
"tumblr is great except for…"
the neo-nazis? the violent misogynists? the white supremacists? the glorification of mass murderers? the blogs committed to telling marginalized people to commit suicide? the pedophiles?
ah, yes, clearly it’s the marginalized people trying to get rights. they are the problem here. because they’re occasionally overzealous. or something.
okay since yall seem to be incapable of identifying fake sj posts here’s a handy guide:
- go to the source of the post
- check the tags
- if it’s tagged with two thousand variations of “otherkin” and “headspace” and “sj” then it is 100% fake no exceptions
friendly reminder that ╮(─▽─)╭
we*boo is a slur (◡‿◡✿)
it dehumanizes otherkin who identify as fictional characters from japanese cartoons (anime) (⇀‸↼‶)
dont call me a we*boo im a FICTIVEKIN who happens to identify as someone who speaks japanese (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
can i delete this entire world
its fake. its obviously fake.
Sock is a sweet but somewhat unstable teen who commits suicide after the accidental murder of his own parents. In Hell he meets Mephistopheles, the amicable manager of the underworld, who offers him a job: Sock is to become a demon, tasked with haunting humans and driving them to suicide. At first this seems like Sock’s dream job—a way he can finally act on his desires without consequence—but after meeting his first target, a disinterested highschooler named Jonathan, he finds himself with another desire that just might be stronger… and just might have a consequence.
Welcome to Hell (2013)
otherkin are not:
- beings who are ‘anything they want’ like some of ur dumbass jokes insinuate e.g a lamp
- beings who call themselves otherkin to be a ‘special snowflake’
- beings who actually believe they are literally the thing they are kin of, contrary to popular belief (so e.g dogkin believing they are literally a dog) ((some beings are like this but it is very rare))
- beings who are [insert ableist slur] - beings who have mental illnesses. (some otherkin do, but this does not affect their ability to be/not be otherkin, being otherkin might even help them)
- trans/nb beings who request nounself pronouns to be ‘different’
- beings who ‘need mental help’
- beings who are using otherkin as something gender-related (other than pronouns) species ≠ gender and otherkin can be trans/nb/cis/etc
- beings who affect your life in any way/shape/form - nothing they do affects you whatsoever so shut the fuck up
otherkin are/can be:
- beings who believe they were their kintype in a past life
- beings who believe they will be their kintype in a future life
- beings who believe spiritually in their kintype in any way
- beings who enjoy learning about their kintype, looking at their kintype, acting like their kintype, etc, etc
- beings who feel dysphoric (or not dysphoric) about the fact they should be their kintype, beings who want to be their kintype
- beings who say that they are otherkin = beings who are otherkin. being otherkin is defined by you, it doesn’t have to follow any set of rules.
- oh my god seriously for the last time stop attacking otherkin they aren’t affecting you at least they are expressing the way they feel in a healthy way
- like for real how is it hurting you so much to just let beings be and accept them
- being otherkin and expressing that in different ways is, for some, just a hobby and helps them get in touch with their feelings/be spiritual, it can be used as a distraction for many things and also helps beings meet beings like them and make friends w/ similar interests
- u dont have to experience species dysphoria to be otherkin (like i said its defined by you)
- if you attack otherkin for being any kind of otherkin then you are trash
I’ve been itching to share this for a while now. My last project was Cinderella, and since there’s already one version of Cinderella for Far Faria, I decided to do a Filipino version version just to mix it up.